8 Reasons Why Our Marriage Works
Marriage is amazing– but for too many of the people I love it’s miserable. Why does our marriage work? (afternoon brainstorm)… 8 reasons that came to mind… why 8? I don’t know!
- I gave directional control of my life to Jesus in 1978 and He calls the shots — marriage was His invention — He knows how it works.
- He led me to the conclusion that I was supposed to choose Gail Pucik, swearing off every other woman on the planet, and spend my life helping her fulfill God’s call for her life.
- We pushed through many tough times, refusing to give up — even on bad days when we didn’t like each other.
- When we have a bad day, I found that Jesus deals with me, teaching me to love her in new ways, leading me to take the initiative to grow through the tough stuff.
- Walking with Jesus and wanting to please Him, I realized years ago that to walk away from her was — for me — to walk away from Him… I can’t stop.
- We do life together. As busy as we both are, we have learned the importance of spending time together — and we like it. A lot.
- She laughs at my sense of humor.
- And I think she’s really, really hot. I do.