2. It is a walk He sustains (Psalm. 63:8).
3. It is a walk that originated in the Garden and was damaged and destroyed by sin. Man no longer naturally longs to walk with God. Man would rather wander from God than walk with God (Genesis 3:8-9).
4. It is a walk of faith — looking beyond this existence to another (2 Corinthians 5:7, Colossians 3:1).
5. It is a walk that prefigures my walk in eternity (Revelation 3:4).
6. It is a walk of humility required by God (Micah 6:8).
7. It is a walk of deliverance, conditioned by readiness to maintain daily, practical holiness – avoiding all things unclean and impure and offensive to Him (Deuteronomy 23:9,14; Romans 8:1)
8. It is a walk in His Spirit characterized by (a) His leadership and (b) His fruit (Galatians 5:16-18, 22-23).
9. It is a walk of co-crucifixion – my flesh with its passions and desires have been crucified (Galatians 5:24-25).
10. It is a walk of harmony with the Spirit of God (Galatians 5:25 “keep in step with”).
11. It is a walk of following Jesus – who will give me a desire and ability to fish for the souls of men (Matthew 4:19).
12. It is a walk of love resulting in His continuous presence with me (John 14:23; 2 John 1:6, Ephesians 5:2, Romans 14:15).
13. It is a walk of intimate communion – abiding (John 15:4, 1 John 1:6-7).